This game was a short raid featuring a lance of the Taurian Guards taking on two 'Mechs of the 1st Argyle Lancers supported by the local militia of the planet Hyalite.
|A CP-10Z Cyclops and an EXC-B2 Excalibur of the Taurian Guards begin their attack.|
|A VTR-9D Victor of the 1st Argyle Lancers and a militia ENF-5D Enforcer advance toward the enemy.|
The forces and commanders of this mission for the Federated Suns are:
- VTR-9D Victor (Leftenant Vernon E. Harris, 1st Argyle Lancers 3/4) run by Jim Pitts
- JVN-10P Javelin (PFC Victoria Lanchard, 1st Argyle Lancers 3/4) run by Jim Pitts
- BL-6-KNT Black Knight (Sgt. Maj. Rachel Richards-Tyrone-Davion, countess of Hyalite and commander of the Hyalite Militia 3/5) run by Jay Stribling
- ENF-5D Enforcer (Pvt. Milagro Rosamaria Naderman, Hyalite Milita 4/5) run by Ed Sansing
- CN9-D Centurion (Pvt. Kenneth Ramiro Fadel, Hyalite Militia 4/5) run by Phil Young
- CP-10Z Cyclops (Subaltern Baruch Ioannides 3/4) run by Sean Pitts, gamemaster
- EXC-B2 Excalibur (Cornet Arthur Calderon 3/4) run by Sean Pitts
- TDR-5S Thunderbolt (Cornet Jordan af Gniphalan 3/4) run by Fred Diamond
- GRF-2N Griffin (Cornet Gilda Grimfether 4/5) run by Fred Diamond
|The Hyalite militia's Enforcer showing off its new Mountain camo.|
|Combat begins on both sides of the table.|
|A 400-year-old Excalibur is beaten on by two 'Mechs less than 5 years old.|
|And then explodes.|
Then their commander was killed when his Cyclops was destroyed by fire.
After a few turns of fire, stripping most of the armor from the milita 'Mechs, the remaining two attackers signal their intent to leave the field, retreating back to their dropship and leaving the planet.
|Faced with five 'Mechs, the last two attackers begin to flee the field.|
(Terrain provided by Jay Stribling. Game run and figures provided by Sean Pitts. Pictures taken by Jim Pitts and Ed Sansing.)